The advent of Arya College, Ludhiana (Premier Post Graduate Institution of Northern India) in 1946 on the educational map of the country was the fulfillment of the long cherished desire of the people of Ludhiana and its surrounding areas. A few dedicated members of Arya Samaj met in 1945 and decided to raise funds to start a degree college to cater to the needs of the young students. Their mission was to keep aloft the torch of knowledge and awakening kindled by Maharishi Dayanand Saraswati. It was due to their untiring efforts that Arya College came into existence in Ludhiana in 1946. It was started in a building known as Malerkotla House. The same building was later used to house the Women Section when it was started in 1970. At present, the College is considered to be a premier post graduate educational institute of higher education of the northern India.
It started a separate Women Section in 1970 for independent studies of girls students in the old campus. Now it has been housed in a spacious building adjacent to the old building of Dayanand Medical College in Civil Lines area. It has arrangements for Arts, Commerce, Computer Science and Home Science faculties.The College aims at harmonious all-round development of the students in the field of art, literature, science, commerce, computer education, games, sports, co-curricular and youth activities. The College aspired to make them enlightened and responsible citizens of the country, capable of contributing effectively to the realization of national goals.The College provides a healthy and congenial atmosphere necessary for the intellectual, aesthetic, physical and moral growth of the students. It inculcates in them love for the Indian way of life and traditions. It inspires its pupils to respect nobler and higher values of universal brotherhood, renunciation and truthful living, as enunciated by Maharishi Dayananad Saraswati.
The College is affiliated to Panjab University, Chandigarh for Three Year Degree Course in Humanities, Science(Medical & Non-Medical), Commerce & Business Management, Computer Science & Applications, Business Administration and M.A. in Political Science, History, Punjabi, M.Com., M.Sc.(IT) and PGDCA.
LOCATION AND BUILDING
The College is centrally located in Civil Lines on Maharishi Dayanand Road. The College building is tastefully designed and bears an architectural grandeur. It is spread over about 10 acres tract of land. It has spacious science laboratories equipped with modern apparatus, separate and attractive library block having three reading-rooms and extensive play-grounds for major games. All the lecture rooms are well-furnished and commodious. Water-coolers fitted with aqua-guards provide safe and pure drinking water to staff and students. A high power generator has been installed in the main College and one in the women section for uninterrupted supply of electricity in the class rooms.
The College hall-cum-auditorium has been completely renovated. A scooter shed with a capacity for parking 500 scooters has also been provided to the students. Seminar Room in the P.G. Department of Commerce and Business Management has been fully renovated. Work on Committee Room is in progress. Students` Center will soon be ready in the main College. Health Center-cum Gymnasium has been set up in the main college.
Kindly enter your login details in the Login Form at Right Side. After login "PEN" icon will be shown at the Top Left corner of the content. Click on the icon to ADD/EDIT the content and SAVE or CANCEL the changes.
DO NOT NAVIGATE AWAY FROM THE PAGE IF EDITOR IS OPENED, CLICK CANCEL/SAVE then navigate.